You have been a homeowner for quite some time now and you have this owner thing down pat. You have been scrolling through Pinterest and have come across some home improvement ideas that will make your house look even more like a home. Start off the new year off right by going over this quick list.
Change All the Light Bulbs to LED
● LED lights are not a “green energy” fad. In fact, if you are looking to save some serious cash on your electricity bill this year LED is the way to go. Also, these light bulbs are perfect for lighting up the room (pun intended) and not giving the walls that washed out look.
Fresh Coat of Paint
● You have not updated the walls in your living room since your third child and its time for something new. You will not be the only one who is at the hardware store looking for paint either so do not feel like you are alone in this world because adding a new color in the house is on a lot of people’s New Year’s Resolution List.
Is it Time to Refinance?
● You and your spouse have been talking about shopping for a new mortgage loan for some time now. You are paying a decent rate and the mortgage payment is manageable but, your emergency savings could use some attention. You do not need to restart your mortgage you can continue where it left off and give a sigh of relief from all the money you will be saving from even just reducing the interest rate by one percent.
Change the Batteries in All Carbon Monoxide Detectors
● You will never expect poisonous gas to fill the air in your house but, it happens all the time when carbon monoxide detectors are not properly maintained. Make it a rule every year to change the batteries. Some Americans make it a habit to do this when Daylight savings times approach. Either time of the year works so find out which is best for you.
● This year- rearrange your furniture to instead of being pointed to the television like most of us do organically. Arrange the couches and chairs to face each other so when you invite guests over to entertain it is more natural to engage in conversation than it is to engage the television.
If you need help preparing your home to be more efficient this new year then contact us at Smith Electric & Associates! Smith Electric & Associates is in Mobile, Alabama. We are licensed to operate in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Georgia and have been proudly serving the Gulf Coast since 1992. Call us for 24-hour emergency service at 251-471-4723! Visit us online at www.SmithElec.com and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!