Getting organized isn’t always easy, we know! However, organizing your electrical panel can help save you a lot of time and confusion. You will be able to control any room in your home or company with the flip of a switch! In order to label your electrical panel successfully, you need to know which areas of your home are controlled by which circuit breaker. You never know when you’ll need to shut off your power! Keep reading below for some tips from Smith Electric and Associates to make organizing and labeling your electrical panel safe and simple!
● Make it a team effort! This is a project that is made much simpler when done with a partner. The most effective process to complete this is to have one person flip the switches in each room, while the other individual is at the panel testing it.
● Purchase blank sticky labels to put on each switch. Doing this is much easier than taping single papers!
● Turn off every circuit in your household, then turn them on one at a time so you can note which fixture came on. From this, you will label the electrical panel.
● Some sections of the electrical panel may not be for one breaker. If this is the case, it could be because of improper wiring. If this is the case, you should call Smith Electric and Associates.
● Washing machines, water heaters, dryers, and ovens typically have more than one breaker due to the high amount of power used to operate them. Don’t be confused if this happens, it is very common!
● If writing out the labels is too time-consuming, or you simply just don’t feel like it, you can number them. It just depends on what is easiest for you and what you prefer.
The process of organizing and labeling your electrical panel can be time-consuming and at times, frustrating. However, the end result will be worth it! If you have further questions regarding this process, give Smith Electric and Associates a call today, we will be more than happy to help you!
Smith Electric & Associates are licensed to operate in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Georgia and have been proudly serving the Gulf Coast since 1992. Call us for 24-hour emergency service at 251-471-4723! Visit us online at www.SmithElec.com and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!